My 2023 Tata Safari came with a standard warranty of 2 years / 1 lakh km. On top of that, I purchased a 2-year extended warranty.
BHPian Rodie09 recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
I recently purchased a new Tata Safari XZA+ and opted for the 2+2 warranty. I am reading a lot about Tata Safari on team-bhp and posting too, and I found that since launch there have been many combinations of standard plus extended warranties on Safari such as 3+2 and now 2+2. Was wondering at what point they changed from 3 years to 2 years standard warranty and why?
That made me think to float this thread to look at what standard and extended warranties are available on other makes and models.
Owners here can share details as listed. Mine, for example:
- Car – Tata Safari (New)
- MFG Year – 2023
- Standard Warranty – 2 Years / 1,00,000 KMs
- Extended Warranty – 2 Years
- Remarks – 1 Year option was also available for EW
Here’s what GTO had to say about the matter:
I always go for the maximum extended warranty for all my cars, as well as electronic appliances (usually get 5-year coverage for laptops, ACs etc.).
I don’t know about the standard warranty coverage, but can tell you the extended warranties we’ve taken:
- BMW 530d: 6-year extended warranty.
- Thar 4×4: 5 years including extension. Mahindra should extend this to 6 – 7 years like other OEMs. 5 years is way too short.
- Skoda Superb: Extended to 6-years. They’ve recently introduced 8-year anytime warranties and you can bet we’ll be taking that (with Skodas, you need the max possible warranty you can get).
- Nissan Sunny & Mahindra Classic: Out of warranty, out of production. Too old.
Here’s what BHPian OpenRoads had to say about the matter:
- Car – Toyota Hyryder
- Year – 2022
- Standard Warranty – 3 years / 1 Lakh KM
- Extended Warranty – 5 years / 1 Lakh KM
- Hybrid Battery Warranty – 8 Years
Here’s what BHPian SoumenD had to say about the matter:
2019 Jazz CVT
- Standard Warranty – 4 years (3 years standard & 1 year additional was from the dealer)
- Extended Warranty – 1 year/20,000kms upto 10 years
Just purchased the 5th-year warranty & intend to keep purchasing every year till I hold on to the car.
Here’s what BHPian Benoit had to say about the matter:
Tata Altroz XZ diesel (top end at that time) – October 2020.
- Default warranty- 2 years / 50k km
- Extended warranty- additional 3 years / unlimited km.
Bought an extended warranty at the time of purchase at 19k Rs.
Here’s what BHPian Axe77 had to say about the matter:
BMW 3GT: October 2015
Extended warranty up to 5 years and 60,000 km.
Jeep Meridian: June 2022
Extended warranty up to 5 years and 100,000 km.
I can’t recall what the default warranty was. I think it was 3 years perhaps for each of the above. In the case of the BMW, I had coupled this with 5 5-year BSI (service included) pack as well.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article